Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have awhirlpool fridge freezer with ice maker made 2001 it

I have awhirlpool fridge freezer with ice maker made 2001 it is very noisy. when turned off on thermostat and turned on again it restarts quiet thenb gets noisy again
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Were abouts does the noise seem to come from?

In the fridge, in the freezer or at the back?

And how long does it make the noise for when it starts making it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the noise seems to come from the back.The noise runs until it cuts out,i assume the thermostat cuts out

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you pull the appliance out and look at the back you will see a metal panel at the bottom.

Remove the panel and there you will see the compressor and next to that is the condenser fan.

Carefully leave it running and try and see which one of them is making the noise and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hin Daniel The noiser appears to be from the fan if it is can you recommend an engineer to replace Alan

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Ok where abouts in the uk are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Daniel I have contacted repaircare in uk and they willrepair for £221 Thanks for your help Alan

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan

Ok worries I take it that's a all in price which is quite good.

So fingers crossed they will replace the fan at the back and it will be back to normal.

If you need any more info just get back to me.

Regards Daniel