Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Switch any programme on sounds like no water is been taken

Switch any programme on sounds like no water is been taken in and it just beeps all the tine
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also do you have any flashing lights?

Is the drain pump running all the time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model no. Di604
All the lights r flashing , pump is running all the time, and it bleeps all the time
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the drain pump running all the time is usually down to water leaking into the base and activating the anti flood switch.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for this part.

Once the water is out from the base the anti flood switch will reset itself and should allow you to start the dishwasher again. So see how it goes but if it does it again then theres a water leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure the fault here.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pulled out the machine no water in the bottom, but looks like has been, tried to put it back on but still beeps all the time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No joy no water and the machine still beeps all the time

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok press and hold the program button for a few seconds and see if this resets it if you haven't done this already.

Or if that doesn't work turn dishwasher off

Press and program button and turn the dishwasher back on.

Wait a few seconds then turn it off again.

Now retry the dishwasher and see what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after last instructions sounded like the machine was going to work, it took in some water and has now stopped completely, all lights r on programme panel and bottom of machine is dry

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if all the lights are flashing then its sounding like the control board. As any other fault the error codes are just 1 or 2 lights flashing but all lights are usually a control board fault im afraid.

To be honest these control boards do fail a lot. As this is a Chinese built dishwasher which quite a few brands use like Hotpoint, Indesit, caple, baumatic and a few more. They are not the best built machines and parts are quite expensive so sometimes its not worth fixing. Also you may find something has caused the board to fail as on these the motors go and takes the control board out ive seen this a lot.

But if you want to try and get this fixed replace the control unit in the door and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its just that.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you very much for your help, you have been very helpful, and what you have told us we kind of thought so much, are the control boards expensive r we just as we'll getting a new one? Bloody Chinese :/
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
The control boards on this model is £140 so personally if it was me I would get another machine. Sorry.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.