Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a SMEV VA8006 sink and tap.The flow rate through the

I have a SMEV VA8006 sink and tap.The flow rate through the tap is a bit low circa 3-4l/min though the pump puts out 15! There seems to be some restriction in the tap itself.Is there any way to increase the flow?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hiello . Does the tap have a screwed on restrictor? Or is there a valve on the pipe line somewhere that is not fully open ?
Customer:

I don't think there's a valve on the pipe but the pipe is out of site behind cupboards.

Plumberpro : Hello . Is the tap a mixer tap , (hot and cold )?
Plumberpro : Has the tap always been like this ?
Customer:

Its always been like that since I bought the van.Tried buying a bigger pum pbut to no avail.There is just cold water.

Plumberpro : Maybe the tap . Could be made to use water sparingly with narrow water ways . Does the pump supply anything else, ie shower ?
Customer:

No just the tap

Plumberpro : Some taps are limiting flow in the way the are made . Some taps for mains pressure are no good with tank fed systems . Is there any noise from the pump ?
Plumberpro : To be honest it is probably going to come down to replacing the tap . Buy one made for low water pressure .
Customer: