Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Bosch 43 li cordless has problem with intermittent starting.

Bosch 43 li cordless has problem with intermittent starting. Only 18 months old. Sometimes days of no start and then, for no obvious reason it starts again.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

The problem you are experiencing is the switch which turns this machine on. This is a very common problem since it is a slider switch and they have a history of not making contact unless you hit it with something, set it down hard, or other type of jarring. If you would replace this switch, it should take care of your problem. I wish you the best.

Customer: Replacing a switch would not be feasible for me to do, so I guess I need to return the machine.
Gary :

Hi, Since this machine has a two year guarantee, it would be a good idea to do so. Please be aware that the company has the option to either repair or replace this unit. I will warn you that if they take the option of repairing, it will be brought to their authorized repair center for them to take a look at it. It would be in your best interest to make sure this machine is not working when you drop it off. So, please be careful when loading and unloading it. If you can, have someone from the store witness that it is indeed not working. I will tell you straight out, that if this machine makes a liar out of you, they will write it up as "no problem found" and you get the machine back.

Customer: I just looked again at my mower. It isn't a slide switch, it is a push switch.
Gary :

Hi, Thank you for the information. Either way that switch isn't making the connection it needs to. I wish you the best.