Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch SMV69T10GB/28 dishwasher has an E15 code which flashes

Customer Question

My Bosch SMV69T10GB/28 dishwasher has an E15 code which flashes a red light on the tap, when I press start, E code goes out and 2 red lights top & bottom flash. Switch off at mains E code comes back, help please. Andrew.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

E15 error code means water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher.

What you need to do is pull dishwasher out and tip it backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the bottom so you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water has drained out the anti flood switch will reset itself and clear the E15 error code.

So then retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this has sorted it. But if it does it again then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this.

Let me know how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brilliant, a star, the worst part was getting the thing out, floor covering being caught up & being integrated!!!! Would a partially blocked filter be the cause? Hope it is!!

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

It could be as all it takes is an overflow inside the dishwasher for it to over fill and leak into the base. So usually if it completes a fully cycle without doing it again then its just an overfill that cause it.