Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

HELLO MY COOKER C362 E . I SPRAYED IT WITH OVEN CLEANER

HELLO MY COOKER C362 E . I SPRAYED IT WITH OVEN CLEANER WIPED IT OUT
And now the oven wont heat up
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When you set the oven going does the fan inside the oven run?

Does the little red light on the control panel come on when you turn the oven on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yES THE LIGHT COMES ON AND FAN COMES ON

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the fan is running and that light is coming on then the fault will be the heater element in there.

To be honest its probberly a coincidence this has gone after spraying the cleaner in there as the cleaner doesn't really cause the heater to fail unless it was ready for going as they can start to split and the cleaner may have caused to go then.

To replace the heater element on this you need to remove the shelves inside the oven and remove the back panel. Its held on with 4 screws. Make sure the power is turned off.

Now you will see the heater element around the fan. This is held on by a single screw.

Remove this screw and then you can pull the heater out and swap the 2 wires over to the new element and refit that.

Then that should cure the fault and get the oven working again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advise , I had burnt a gap about one inch long in the element with the oven cleaner .

so i went and bought a element for £24.50 and fitted it as you explained

all ok thankyou.