Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have an integrated neff s51m63x1gb dishwasher which is

Hi I have an integrated neff s51m63x1gb dishwasher which is 2.5 years old. It is showing an e15 fault code. We took the panel off at the bottom and drained a tiny bit of water out. The fault cleared and the machine ran 3 times and now the fault is back. I've called neff customer services who told me to do a factory reset by pressing the start button for 5 seconds after the machine had been unplugged for two hours, however this has not cleared the fault. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

E15 means water has leaked into the base and its activated the anti flood switch.

The best way to clear the base is to pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards so you will need a towel for this part. Let all the water drain out from the base and this will then let the anti flood switch reset.

This way clears the base a lot easyer then removing panel at the bottom as with it having a soild plastic base it makes it hard to do it this way as you cannot clear all the water.

Once its clear retry it and if it happens again then theres a water leak in there which you need to find.

Remove the left and right hand side panels as this will give you access to the under side of the appliance. Set it going and watch it while it does a wash and try and see were the leak is coming from.

Check the wash motor on the right hand side as these do like to leak in there.

But doing reset wont clear the error code if the anti flood switch is activated.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That's great thank you. Will try all of that tomorrow. Need to work out I get it out though as it's integrated!
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries.

Usually to get it out you need to remove the wooden plynth at the bottom.

Then open the door and look at the very top in each corner and there should be a screw holding the dishwasher to the underside of the work top. Remove this and lower the feet and it should pull out from there. That's if its installed correctly.