Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

DWD 5410 got half way through wash cycle (detergent had come

Customer Question

DWD 5410 got half way through wash cycle (detergent had come out at least) now just seems as if pump if trying to empty all the time.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Ok if all it will do is pump out then the anti-flood switch in the base will be activated. Water will be in there causing this.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degrees backwards. This will allow the water to drain out from the base. Once the water is out the anti-flood switch will reset itself. Then retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

If it does it again then there will be a leak in there which you will need to find and fix to cure the problem here. I wish you the best.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi have you tried Garys solution?
Tech Michael