Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our AEG front-load washing machine Model L64810, PN *********

Our AEG front-load washing machine Model L64810, PN ********* has started regularly leaking water from the case openings in the bottom. I have cleaned and drained the Pump several times. No component (top and rear panel removed) appears to be leaking at all, but the insulation lining gets very wet under the detergent dispenser although dry elsewhere. We have cleaned the dispenser and re-fitted it but it makes no difference. If our cold water supply is over 1 bar pressure (I've got nothing to measure this pressure) could this leak be a symptom? The leakage water has a large detergent content. Everything else works well.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see exactly where its leaking from?
And as for the water pressure, no that wouldn't do this, it may need a new seal or if its the water pump or a hose please let me know I can help you get the part and help you with the repair.
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think you read my question e.g. "No component appears to be leaking at all" and "insulation gets very wet under the detergent dispenser but dry elsewhere" because these point to where the leak is situated. However your comment that too-high water pressure wouldn't do this is helpful. I think all the water into the drum is fed via a little nest of pipe junctions into a sluice under the detergent slot and through a narrow slot (pointing upwards) at the outer end of the detergent slot, so it then picks up the detergent on it's way down the slot to the drum. The leak appears to be somewhere there. We've had this washer 7 years. My wife tends to be very generous with the powder but then she always was, and it didn't leak then. Our water pressure is higher than it used to be: would throttling it with the mains shut-off (screw-down) tap be effective and OK for the machine?

Thanks! Chris (also called Laughing Jacket).

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,
Laughing Jacket lol,
I would try cutting back the water flow, but thats only a temporary solution. If your pressure recently got higher it may have damaged a seal, that is either allowing the water to splash up and leak down, or more likely you may have a bad line or detergent dispenser, they will do this as they age.
Please check this and let me know what you think, I will stick with you until we have this under wraps but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Chris.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.