Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my fridge freezer model .rl33sbns is leaking water onto the

Customer Question

my fridge freezer model .rl33sbns is leaking water onto the floor can you tell me where the drain is non this model ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that,
from the information you provided, there are a couple of places to check.
First let me know if the water is leaking onto the floor of the inside of the fridge, or if its coming out from underneath the whole unit.
Also please let me know if there is any frost on the rear wall inside the freezer
And how old your fridge is?
Please answer all of these questions as best you can so I can help you quickly;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the water has frozen underneith the bottom box

cannot remember how old it is

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Frank, that means that you will need to defrost that ice and remove it, your drain may be toward the back on the floor in the fridge.
Please do that and let me know if you see the drain hole,if not you will need to defrost the entire unit 24 hours and remove the rear wall inside the freezer to clear that drain hole, I will help you do all this if need be. Please rate kindly at this time;-)
Thank you no additional charges will apply and you can still get in touch with me.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

taken all the draws out of the freezer part of the fridge/freezer and defrosting the bottom of the freezer and taken the back panel off but cant find the drain plug

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have removed ice from bottom of three draw freezer and removed back panel but dont see any drain hole

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi there wouldnt be a drain plug, but a small hole on the floor of the fridge.
But if you dont have one there the rear wall of the freezer needs to come off and the unit defrosted, 24 hours with the doors open.
Then when you remove the rear wall you will see a small metal tray with the drain hole.
When you get that far let me know so I can help you clear that drain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no drain hole in the floor of the fridge. i have waisted 18 pounds which i can ill afford, but i think i will have to buy a new fridge/freezer. thanks for your help.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome, your drain is behind the rear inside wall of the freezer. i could help you get to it if you would like?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try once more- give me the information to clear the problem

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Frank,
you need to remover the shelves and the shelf brackets inside the freezer. Next, remove the rear wall you can see the screws there, they may have little plastic buttons that need to come off as well. Once the wall is out you will see the defrost system and the drip pan, that pan has a hole in it, the water is is not making it to the pan under the fridge. Does this make sense to you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

taken off panel from back of freezer and there is a fan on the top left hand side and a slot near the bottom about half inch wide which is too narrow to feel inside. there is some electrical wiring around each side

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi those wires are for the defrost heater.
but you should also see a small drain hole do you see that its just below the cooling coils.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can't see any cooling coils or drain hole

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Are you working inside the freezer or on the outside in the back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm working behind the draws inside the freezer cabinet

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

you also need to check underneath unit from the rear there is a drip pan there and the defrosted water drains into that pan, it maybe broke or have a crack even in the pan.
Please check that as well and keep me posted.
Tech Michael