Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

it seemed an unlikely co=incidence but following some work

Customer Question

it seemed an unlikely co=incidence but following some work by our local caravan dealer, both the water and fridge did not operate.Took caravan back and were charged for new parts for both (£300+ with labour)! First outing, ice compartment would not freeze, - light on and coolish in fridge.Could this be related to installation of new part?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi really sorry to hear about this. This sounds like they did something wrong or may have left wires loose.
I would definitely take it back to them but be tough and don't pay anymore!
They did something wrong, thats too much to just fail and you keep having failures. I have been a mechanic for over 30 years and have seen this type of thing more times than I care to think.
I will stick with you Please rate kindly at this time, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
I will still be available to you at no additional cost until you are sure things are working as they should.
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any idea why the fridge freezer is cold but not freezing? Thetford N90

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Liz,
That depends, is it running on gas or electric?
thank you
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Electric

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Liz, this is more than likely an electrical issue, especially considering that they messed with all that stuff.
But it could be a bad thermostat inside the fridge, that would certainly cause this.
But with so much happening at once it does not seem like a coincidence.
I believe that not enough power is making it to the fridge, I would have them go over their work , there is probably just a loose connection in the system. I worked on travel trailers for may years as well so Im confident in this;-)
Please rate kindly at this time, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend Liz!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Van going into caravan on Monday. Will let youn know the outcome, as soon as we have it, thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Liz, I will be here to help I hope they fix it right this time for you;-)
Let me know .
Thanks Liz.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Van has been in and returned. We were advised that they found no problem! The gas was tested and immediately, we are told, ignighted. The electric was then tested and worked efficiently, freezing the ice cubes in a couple of hours. They could not understand why we had a problem. We advised that two experienced caravan club wardens had looked at the fridge and were also at a loss why it was not working, and we had also asked your good self for advice. As to what the problem was remains a mystery - or does it!! We have the electric on and hope that we get ice cubes, at least by the morning!! Thank you for your help and let us know what you think. We have our own opinion! Kind regards.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Liz, there may be an interment issue , but they may have fixed a simple issue they may have caused lol, as mechanics will do sometimes to cover their A** ;-)
But I'm really glad they took care of it.\
it you ever need help please ask for me. Have a great weekend Liz!
Tech Michael