Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi my Biko oif 22300 x has stopped working, my wife switched

Hi my Biko oif 22300 x has stopped working, my wife switched it off at the socket when it stopped working.
As soon as I switch the socket back on the display starts flashing and I get and I get an alarm sounding.
Please can you help
thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When the display is flashing are you able to set the timer on there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
The display is faded, I have another oven next to the one with the problem, they are the same models.
The display on the broken oven, as mentioned is faded, I was wondering if there is a battery back up for the display, as my other oven is showing very clearly bright LCD display.
Hope this helps
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok that's fine. What its going to be is the timer itself. Theres no battery back up as the timer is powered by the mains power going in to it.

Now its a very common problem on these Bekos. Ive replaced loads of them for this fault with it alarming, Flashing all the time and not able to reset it or going dim.

To fix this you will need to replace the timer clock and that will sort it out. Its not that bad of a job if you are handy at a bot if diy.

Just pull oven out and make sure power is off.

Remove the top and you will see the clock there.

Remove the 2 screws holding it on and disconnect the wiring block as this is just a block with about 4 wires on there and you can swap it over from there.

Click here for the part

If you need anymore info just get back to me.