drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 15 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

hotpoint freezer

hotpoint freezer
Expert:  drcool299 replied 3 years ago.
drcool299 :

Hello, Can we have the complete model number of the unit please?

Customer:

model ff200lp

drcool299 :

Thank you for that info. Is the unit still cooling very well in the freezer? fridge side?

Customer:

yes

drcool299 :

do you notice frost accumulating inside the freezer back wall?

Customer:

I am not aware I have just checked and there is no ice on the freezer i

drcool299 :

Thank you for those info. The two blinking lights indicates that the freezer is above its normal operating temperature. Have you put on a large amount of food recently inside the freezer? Or would you happen to know if the freezer door has been left ajar for along time?

Customer:

I do have meat in the freezer I would not say its a large amount I think it would be 3 quarters full

drcool299 :

but the 3 quarter full has been placed recently? or it is there already frozen up before this blinking light appeared?

Customer:

it has been frozen before the the lights started to blink

drcool299 :

hello, sorry for the delay...my firefox just crashed.

drcool299 :

Hello, You can reset the blinking light by turning the freezer controller to off, then wait 10 minutes, turn it back to normal setting. The lights should be gone and observe the unit if the blinking lights would come back. If it does, then I suggest you transfer the food inside the freezer to another unit because you might loose your food. This is an indication that the freezer is no longer reaching its operating temperature. There is a problem with your unit and we would talk about that after you observed your unit. Thank you.