Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have just rewired my Baumatic BT2450 to the mains and now

I have just rewired my Baumatic BT2450 to the mains and now the oven temperature light comes on when I turn off the oven
It still turns off ok when it reaches the correct temp but when I then switch the oven off it stays on flickering
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
What was the reason for the rewire?
Also how old is your oven?
Does everything else seem to work ok?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The reason was that the plug that fitted into the wall socket behind the cooker was cracked. The cooker is in Spain and i used a recomended plug to connect to the socket on the wall . I decided to connect the cooker direct to the mains in the wall socket instead of a new plug so the cooker could fit flush to the wall. the cooker is over 10 years old and all other things are working ok

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
it sounds like you did this all correct.
This is what happens sometimes when things on the main board fail. this is common when you disconnect electronics and then re connect.
The reason is that electronics work well, when they stay connected because the power supply on the board is always live, meaning parts are always running and warm. When the parts cool, then they lose connectivity. It happens with so many devices, TVs etc.
But you can live with this issue, or you can replace it I will help if you need, it pretty easy.
Please let me know if you want to replace the control board, if so I can source that for you as well;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Please rate kindly at this time, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael