Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko DWD 4311 W dishwasher and its stopped working

I have a Beko DWD 4311 W dishwasher and it's stopped working correctly, I've checked the water supply and everything is free to turn but when it's started it makes a noise like the pump has kicked in but then stops.
The on/off led is fully illuminated and the wash & dry led's both flash at the same time.
The machine then tries to start the cycle then cuts out for approx 3 sec then starts again, cuts and repeats the process all the while the wash & dry LEDs are flashing.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Try and see what happens.

Pull the dishwasher out and tip it backward as see if any water come sout from the base at the bottom. You may need a towel for that part.

As the wash and dry lights flashing is usually the error code for a water leak in the base.

Once the water is drained out the base the anti flood switch should reset itself and allow you to start a wash cycle going.

Then just see how it goes. Fingers crossed this should sort it but if it does it again then there is a water leak under there which you need to find and fix to cure it.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel,
I followed your steps and some water came out and I was able to start a wash cycle.
I let the cycle run for around ten minutes and then opened the door to find the inside of the machine bone dry.
I disconnected the water supply hose and checked to see if there was a flow and that was fine.
I tipped the machine backwards again and water came out, so some water is definitely going into the machine.
Is there anything else I can check?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok from the sounds of this theres a water leak so as its filling water must be leaking into the base and activating the flood switch each time you clear it.

What you need to do is remove the top and both side panels. Then lift the green insulation up which you will see.

Then clear the base again of water and set it going. As its filling watch it from underneath and try and see were the leak is coming from then you can fix it and that should sort the fault out from there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel,
After removing the right hand panel I found a pipe had come lose from what looks like the drain and the water was filling up from there.
Pipe is now reattached and the machine is going through a full cycle, so far so good thanks for you help
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Nice one glad to hear you found the fault and have sorted.
Fingers crossed this will be fine now.
And thanks for letting me know how it went.