Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a BOSCH SGV46MO3GB/36 integrated dishwasher. Its stopped

I have a BOSCH SGV46MO3GB/36 integrated dishwasher. It's stopped working properly having been just fine and has a red tap light showing. I've checked all the bits that could be clogged and everything seems fine. Not sure what to do next. All advice appreciated.
Lucy
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning.
Sorry to hear about that.
How old is your dishwasher?
Also when exactly will it do at this point?
Please be specific, also did this fail all at once or over time.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

I don't know how old it is as I moved into the property a year ago and it was already there.

It just stopped working. I opened it one day and it hadn't cleaned.

I am happy to perform some tests to help provide more information if you tell me what to do.

Lucy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Lucy.
Please turn the unit off at the mains for one full hour.
Then then you can turn it back on.
Please let me know if anything changes?
If it fixes this Great then please rate kindly, if not please hold off and simply reply to me for further information.
Thank you Lucy
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

My brother-in-law is at home and has turned it off for over an hour and then tried a programme. No water pouring out , but it seems to be cycling over and over. You can view a video on this link. Any ideas?

Lucy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao8h0aexoewuq1r/Video.MOV

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Lucy,
please explain.
Are you saying the unit now cycles but no water is entering the machine?
Or it wont drain?
Thank you for your patience.
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Water appears to be entering the machine, but not draining. The sump inside is full. The water flow in the side tank appears repetitive and not achieving much. No evidence of drain pump activating.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lucy that means there is either a clog in the line, or the drain pump has failed is all.
You can remove the line from your sing trap and see if it is gummed up.
if all is clear You need to replace that drain pump. Its easy to replace and not very expensive they do fail often;-)
I have listed the best place to get that below.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Lucy and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please contact Espares for that part:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is a sing trap? Do you know where I can download a .pdf manual to help me figure out all the parts?

Lucy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi unfortunately there isn't a free download for that.
Well A sing trap, we don't call it that we call it a P, trap.
But the part I mentioned ( drain pump) if all is clear is what you will need.Its a small electric motor with a pump attached to it.
It hooks in very easily and simply plugs in ;-)
As I said i will stick with you and help you complete this task.
Please rate kindly Lucy.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.