Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hoover hnv380-80 dryer starts and then stops with the clean

Customer Question

Hoover hnv380-80 dryer starts and then stops with the clean filter light comes on, have stripped it down and cleaned the filer and all of the internal air diucting, cleaned the bottom assembly of the air duct and cleaned the outlet tube, cleaned the thermostat and cutoff sensors in the bottom of the airduct, but still the clean filer light comes. the machine starts, the heater comes on for about 1 minute, the heater stops and the the clean filetr message appears.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait for the answer, so please continue with the search

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How long does your dryer run?
Does it get hot?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the cylinder does not run when you press start, all that happens os that the element heats for about 30 seconds, you can see it glowing at the rear element housing, it then clicks off and the clean filter light flashes. However all air ducting, the filter housing, the lower filter tray and the tube to the rear outlet have all been stripped down and cleaned out.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you does the motor run?
Please do me a favor,
ope the dryer and with it empty, hand spin the drum, let me know if it spins freely or there is resistance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, the drum rotates with slight resistance

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you , it should have a pretty strong resistance,. I really need to know if its difficult to turn or does it spin when you try that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is a strong resistence and turns slowly, it is not free wheeling

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that. You will need a new dust sensor.
The best place to get that is Espares, I have included their phone info for you below. I will help you with the part replacement, also they ship same day in most cases.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** order and fit a new sensor as soon as it arrives and then come back to you to confirm all is ok

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi, sounds good please rate now and I will stick with you until this is installed and working correctly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I have fitted the new dust sensor with a new ring seal and sensor, the same problem persists, all as per previous fault descriptions, press start, element kicks in, then front panel light flashes "clean filter",.filter and all air ducting is clean and dust free.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi I was afraid of that.
This means the issue is the main control board.
I was trying the cheapest way you could get that working without being a tech yourself.
But you can call on that board, please let me know what you would like to do their that?
I will be here for you.
Tech Michael