Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi there - we have a Hoover washer/dryer model WDYN 9646G.

Hi there - we have a Hoover washer/dryer model WDYN 9646G. It stopped working the other day, I think it was on a drying cycle and there might have been a power cut during it. The display is now just flashing, no error message, just flashing off and on. We've tried switching it off and on and left unplugged overnight to see if it would reset but still the same thing. Any ideas?
Andy
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy, sorry to hear that, please explain what exactly is flashing, is it an error message or a light if just a light , which light is flashing?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - not an error message - the lights flash clockwise in sequence from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock of the circular dial and the picture of the drum on the display flashes from empty to about half full then all the lights flash, then all go off and it starts again - any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Please either unplug the unit or turn power off at the mains for 1 full hour.
Please let me know if that helped, if not please respond to me for further information.
Does the door lock work?
Try this, first as well, press and hold the power button for up to 20 seconds, please let me know if this works.
If so please rate kindly, if not please dont rate yet but simply respond to me for further information.
Try all of this first before responding.
Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - as I said in my original query - I left power off overnight - would it make any difference to unplug? I've already tried holding the start button for 20 seconds with no joy (we found that suggestion I think in the online manual??).
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for trying that test.
This is a main control board failure.
To fix this you will need to replace that part. Its not too difficult for a handy person and it only requires a few basic hand tools.
I will assist you if you choose to make this repair yourself.
The best place to get that board is Espares, best price and reliability.
I have lusted all the contact info you need, all you have to give them is the full model # ***** tell them you need the main control board.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Andu and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call u
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there - they need to make the part to order and that'll take between 2 and 4 weeks. Bit of a long time to go without a washing machine, especially with 3 kids!! Are you sure it's this part we need?
Thanks. Andy
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy, thats a long time! I understand i had 4 babies at one time in my life.
please try these guys.
Hoover spares.
Call us on +08443 712 758
Also please rate now and I will stick with you and st up free follow ups for you.
Thank you Andy.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.