Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Ho do I stop ice build up on rear wall of fridge in Rangemaster

Customer Question

Ho do I stop ice build up on rear wall of fridge in Rangemaster SXS?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear about that.
May I have the model # and also the age of your fridge?
And where is the frost building up exactly?
One more question, is there any heavy frost on the rear wall in the freezer?
Thank you so much for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model is 7911 and not sure of the age - I think 2007.

The frost builds up in the fridge only and in the middle of the rear wall

thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Tim,
This is usually a clog in the drain line.
It may be only ice that has formed in there, but it may require snaking the line but to do that you will need to remove the rear wall of the freezer, its not too difficult and really doesn't take long if it comes to that. But luckily this is usually just ice in the line it happens especially in hot whether.So...what you need to do to fix this, is defrost the entire unit fridge and freezer with the doors open and the unit turned off, with both doors open for 24 hours, that will take of this for you;-) Just to let you know, I have been a refrigeration mechanic for over 30 years lol.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Tim and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I’m going to empty the whole unit and defrost for 24 hours wouldn’t it be sensible to snake the line as well before putting everything back? For info I have already (last weekend) defrosted for 8 hours and cleared the ice build-up manually. I realise that’s not 24 hours but I should say that we inherited this fridge with the house 12 months ago and the ice build-up problem has been occurring since then.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tim, Yes thats what I would do lol.
I will help you if you need me, you wouldn't believe the things I found in that line. and its a miracle really as to how things could even get in there behind the wall, but have seen peas even in the line lol no joke.

PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, Im here for you.
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Tim and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael

Although I'm being bombarded with hourly reminders to close the call I cant test the theory until Saturday. Is there a way to get the reminders to go away?

thank you

tim

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim,
there is something not right with that. When you rate my service, it will remain open to you I promise ;-)
I am not sure why it says that?
So if you rate you wont be bothered by that anymore but you can always get up with me by responding the same way when you are ready at no additional cost.
I will still be here until we have this done.
Thank you Tim.