Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Washing machine beko 665w has main wash light flashing and

Washing machine beko 665w has main wash light flashing and will not reset. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Is a service manual available?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the full model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WMA665W
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok is the washer full of water still or has it drained the water out?

And if you try and start a cycle will the door lock so you cannot open it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The machine is empty, we cannot start a cycle as it will not allow us to start the machine. It's just flashing the main wash LEF
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok when you was in test mode by turning the dial to cottons 90 pressing the start button did the test cycle work?

Could you get it to fill and the motor turn during this mode?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it fills to about 3/4 full, then pumps out fully then goes back to main wash LED flashing. It doesn't turn the motor during the test cycle
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok then what you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor. There either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them.

As the start light flashing is saying theres something wrong with the washer its not a case of just resetting it you need to find the cause of this. So check the brushes in the motor and see what you find. Fingers crossed this may be worn brushes in there.

Let me know what you find and we can take it from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** the brushes earlier, there is probably about 20mm of carbon left but they are worn at an angle and there was a lot of carbon dust around the motor. I took the brushes out and they spring in an out freely.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok they are low but not low enough to stop the motor from running

If you have a multi meter you can test across the armature going from one brush to the other and see if that's all ok and the motor armature is fine.

If this is the case then is possibley a fault on the control board. Now im afraid this isn't an uncommon fault on these Bekos. Ive replaced loads of these over the years. But im afraid they are quite expensive and to be honest not worth it on a Beko as this is an older model. Its not that old but these washer don't last long im afraid.

Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. I'll test the armature tomorrow, then I should know the problem. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
No worries your very welcome.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.