Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

fitted replacement programmer to dyn 8164d 1/80 original failed-pcb

Customer Question

fitted replacement programmer to hoover dyn 8164d 1/80 washing machine original failed-pcb track blown on motor dc supply.Replacement partially works but no 230v supply to heater element,digital display rotating but motor not running.Tested motor at work-all appears ok with motor armature and fields test ok,over temp stat ok. multi pin plugs have been correctly fitted as far as i can ascertain-downloaded a manual to check it. What is the function of pressure switch-i have a closed circuit across pins j13/j14 and a live supply on j15

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
The pressure switch is for the water level, it makes sure the correct amount of water enters the machine depending on your load size. One thing I can tell you, if that is failing please do not try to adjust that as it is factory set and could cause a flood.
Did you need further information.
Thank you for your patience!
Hope that helps.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now i know what the pressure switch is for what is my next move please? It looks as if there should be closed contacts across j13 and j14-14 is the common-which is what i have got.Is it worth linking j15 (live) to j14 or will this present the PS in the fault status?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve,
when you say you replaced the programmer, do you mean you changed an IC?
Also is it programmed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have traced the fault to bridge rectifier on the motor control board.Repaired pcb track,fitted new rectifier,now running a wash load.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Awesome Steve!
Hope it works all the way through!
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Steve, and have a great day!
Tech Michael