Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have a Hotpoint frost free freezer FZS150. The alarm

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint frost free freezer FZS150. The alarm continually goes off requiring it to be reset. It does not seem to defrost, but is normally noticed when entering the garage. Is there a problem with the alarm?
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Phil,
is there any heavy frost on the inside rear wall of the freezer?
Also how old is your freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No apparent frost inside and it is 6 or 7 years old.
During some garage rebuilding recently there was a lot of dust, would this affect the back pipes etc?
Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Phil, yes the coils in the back or underneath may need brushing and vacuuming.
I would do that and also do a complete defrost, 24 hours with the doors open and the unit OFF.
This should take care of your issue.
But I will stick with you until we are sure its fixed.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Phil, and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Michael,

I reserve judgement until I see what happens to your actions in 24 hours. Just stop sending mails for confirmation !
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Phil, I am an independent Tech, I don't send those. It is a site thing is all please ignore that.
I am not sure why they do that.
Have you followed my direction?I have been a refrigeration Tech for over 30 years, so I know what I am talking about lol.
I am here to help our customers.
Please understand, and let me know where you are at in the process.
Thank you Phil
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Michael,

Thanks for your response. Have completed the actions and switched on last night. So far no probs. Unfortunately am off on hols so cannot check further until I get back beginning August. Fingers crossed!

Not sure how you had a good rating from me as I to my knowledge did not rate you yet. But if I did it would excellent.

Thanks for your input

Phil
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Phil!
Have a great day;-)