Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi... I have a Smeg stainless steel standalone Fridge-Freezer

Customer Question

Hi...
I have a Smeg stainless steel standalone Fridge-Freezer similar to current model FA55XBIL3 (see here http://www.smeguk.com/product/fa55xbil3/ ). The model is about 15 years old and the door handles have become loose - how do I tighten them up as the unit appears to be encased in the door casing?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, please look very carefully at the handle, let me know if you see a tiny hole somewhere near where the handle contacts the door?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will double check, but from what I recall, there is no other obvious hole on the handle or fixing, only the hex screw on the top of the handle itself. Its the actual horizontal bar that connects the handle to the door that has become loose - and looks like there should be a way to tighten this if you can remove the stainless steel casing or the internal door panels - neither of which look simple or easy to do.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adam, look for a tiny hole somewhere on the handle near the door.
Or a possible removable tab or plate please let me know, Im sure its there its just well hidden lol.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have checked - there are no small holes or plates that can be removed; it looks like the horizontal arm from the handle to the door has a threaded bolt in it that has become loose. Presumably the only way to tighten this is via the inside of the door panel?

Photos attached FYI.

Any ideas?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adam, I will opt out as I have never seen those either.
Hopefully another tech can help you with this.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Happy to continue to wait

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just checking here - if I cant get an answer, presumably I don't pay, is that correct?

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi there

That's correct, yes.