Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I have a samsung WF-B1456GW washing machine. Yesterday

I have a samsung WF-B1456GW washing machine. Yesterday the machine would not start its cylce as it would not register that the door was closed and keeps coming up with the 'door' message on the display. The clunk of the lock can clearly be heard when start is pressed and thena couple of minutes later the display is seen. I then have to use the manual orange door strap to unlock the door. Do you have any ideas what this may be?
Many thanks in advance for your help
Justin
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Justin, does the door lock?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does lock but the wash cycle does not start - it is like the machine is not recognising that it is locked. I have to use the manual opening to unlock the door

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Justin,
This is a bad door lock mech.
Its not too expensive and pretty easy to replace. I will help you with that when you have the part.
The lock does a couple of things, one it locks the door lol
Also it send the signal to the main board and also receives the unlock message as well.
The best place to get that for cost and reliability is Espares I have included their phone info as well.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Justin, and have a great day!
Tech Michael Pleas call them:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks Micheal

Is it this item:

http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1406009/door-interlock?PartTypeId=1556&ModelId=1407852

Justin

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Justin yes thats the part;-)
But I would call them to order this part, to be sure they send you the correct part, when you have it you can contact me anytime if you will rate kindly now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Micheal - I ahve ordered this now and there is even a video on their website showing how to replace it - happy days!!

Thanks again for your help