Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have a beko wmb71231s washing machine. About 2 and a half

Hi I have a beko wmb71231s washing machine. About 2 and a half years old. Today it won't spin. Everything else works fine. There is no sound when it should be spinning. Could it be the motor?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Its possibley worn or stuck carbon brushes in the motor. What you can do to check these is lean the washer backwards and look under the washer and you will see the back of the motor. There either side you will see the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down or stuck. If so then you need to replace them and then see how that goes from there.

If they are fine then remove the top and see if theres a small square control board on the right hand side. If so as not all versions of this model has it remove the board and see if it has blown. If so then you need to replace the board and more then likely the motor as well as the motor fails and causes the small circuit board to blow so both will need to be replaced. But motor are very expensive on these. There are about the £110 mark.

But check the carbon brushes and see what you find as these are only cheap.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.