Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

prima 600/1 dishwasher does not drain. If you put it on wash

Customer Question

prima 600/1 dishwasher does not drain. If you put it on wash cycle it stops after a short while and goes on to rinse cycle. light flashes 4 times, water stays in washer. Believe its a drain problem. Hose is convoluted type so don't see a problem with that.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
Please explain what the dishwasher will do exactly so I can help you as these really are technical issues.
Also how old is your dishwasher.
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. The dishwasher is 5 years old. Number 854560015880 ser 330906010941. If you put the washer on wash cycle it starts then after a short while there is a continuous beep and its gone to rinse cycle and flashes 4 times. There is water in the bottom of the washer. There is steam in the washer so I assume the element is working. I have been told that 4 flashes is a drain problem. Hose seems fine, its a convoluted one and I don't see any kinks. I wondered if the solenoid was not working to open the drain mechanism, if so how do I test it?. Cheers Mel

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Melvyn,
please remove the hose from you sink drain and make sure its clear.
Please let me know. We need to know this so we can be sure whats going on. also its a good idea to pull the hose off from the pump side.. It could be a the solenoid but it could simply be a clog.
Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. The hose is as clear as a bell, its 1 inch in diameter so I fail to see how it could get blocked. The washer is built in and its been a right pain to remove and strip down. If it is the solenoid how do I test it?. Does the solenoid come away from the housing and if so how?. Cheers Mel

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I have removed hose from both ends and its clear. I have also removed (on a twist lock fixing system ) the pump. Impeller turns by hand OK, so not stuck. Cheers Mel

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mel, thanks,
Do you have a meter for testing?
Then you could check to see but this sounds like the solenoid has failed.
You can get that from Espares, I will help replace that if you need.
No worries there. I have included their phone info below for your convenience;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Mel,and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Machine fills with water so don't think solenoid at fault. I have removed drain pump and that is clean. Used separate power supply and pump runs fine. Removed main pump, clean and runs fine. Any ideas what else I can try. Cheers Mel

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mel,
the solenoid I was talking about is in the sump.
It flips the valve from drain and to hold water for circulation.
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael. I don't see any solenoid, only on the water inlet. The only thing in the sump is the drain pump, that I have checked and a ( twist lock unit ) temperature sensing device that reads 35 to 45 ohms, seems very sensitive to me but don't know if that can cause the problem I am having. Cheers Mel

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mel,
That can cause this as well but after all you have told me I would look for the solenoid on the outside of the sump if yours doesn't have one you will need a new drain pump motor.
Its easy enough to replace and I will help you all the way but please rate kindly before closing this page so I can remain with you until this task is complete. We will get this fixed for you for sure ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Micheal. Is there any way I can test the pump motor before replacing?. They are expensive and if it does not cure the problem I am going to end up with a pump on my hands. I removed it and used a separate power supply and it ran OK on the bench. Cheers Mel

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mel, if you already checked it on the bench and it did run ok, then you will need the min control board.
That is the only thing that powers the pump;-)
I will stick with you if you will rate now, It wont cost you anything more to rate.
Thanks Mel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael. Not sure I will go to that much expense on a 5 year old machine. I will rate you and think about my next move. If I decide to replace the board I will come back for more info on how to do it. Cheers Mel

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mel, to get back with me, simply reply to one of our messages:-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael