Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My AEG oven keeps altering the temperature by itself. I want

Customer Question

My AEG oven keeps altering the temperature by itself. I want it at 180 fan and whilst it beeps and stops when it gets to 150! I turn it up to 180 again and it it stops at 150 again! Any ideas?! Model number D5701-4-M. Product number ********* . The fan oven has now actually turned itself off.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your oven?
Also is yours the electric or gas model?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me! I think the oven is 7 years old and it's electric.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that info Kirsty,
What you need is a new temp probe.
If you open the oven you should see it up top inside the oven.
Its not very expensive and its super easy to replace requiring only a screwdriver. Don't worry I will help you with this.
The best place to get that is Espares, I have listed all their contact info below, its best to call them to order this part, they usually ship the same day as well;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael Please contact Espares fot that Temperature probe:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I will call them now. Is it really easy to replace? Ie is it idiot proof?!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Well Kirsty one word of caution.
When you remove the old one, just be careful the 2 wires don't fall back into the hole, if they do you would then need to pull the oven out, and remove the back panel to get the wires back into the hole. Thats about it;-)
Please rate at this time and I will stick with you no additional cost when you need to talk to me.
Have a great day Kirsty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right! Thank you for the tip. I think I'll get my husband to do it. I have ordered the part and delivery is 3-5 working days. If I need more advice from you at that point do I just log back in to our conversation?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Kirsty we will get it fixed, please rate before closing this page and I will stick with no additional cost to rate.
Have an awesome day!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My husband has just taken the back of the oven off and he still can't access the temp probe? Does that sound right to you? It looks like he would have to pull out the entire oven, which he can't do by himself.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi usually the probe comes out from the inside of the oven, but you may need to pull out the unit to get to it. But I doubt that as this is a part that can fail.
Have him look at the probe from the inside looking for screws.
Please let me know what he finds.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The probe looks like it has foam all around it to hold it in and on first inspection it looks like it has been inserted from the back of the oven?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes they likely used a sealant and you would need to use a putty knife or thin blade screwdriver to remove this.