Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I pulled my washing machine out to turn on the water feeds

I pulled my washing machine out to turn on the water feeds at the back, i started a wash cycle and once i knew it was working i attempted push it back under the counter, as i finished pushing the on-off light went off and the cycle stopped, the door opened and all the drum was partially full...i have removed the washing and emptied as much water as i can out but it still wont turn on despite me trying various plug sockets can u tell me what i have done and if it can be fixed please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also have you checked the fuse in the plug?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the model number is ***** 1261 w and i havent been able to check the plug yet as my partner is away for the weekend i havent got a crosshead screwdriver

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok the fist thing you need to do is check the fuse . As to be honest just pushing the washer backwards wont have really done much in the washer. As if theres no power its either the power supply, mains suppressor, loose wiring or the control board.

Now im taking it you have plugged the washer into another socket to make sure its not that socket?

If that's fine then when you are able to remove the fuse from the plug and replace it and see if that cures it.

If not then you need to remove the top of the washer and from there check for any loose wiring blocks and refit it.

As if it was working until you just pushed it back then its possibley either the fuse or loose wiring connection in the washer. But for either of these you will need a few tools to get into the washer.

Just get back to me once you have checked the above and let me know what you find.