Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a smeg SIM562b to replace my De Dietrich hob. The De

I have a smeg SIM562b to replace my De Dietrich hob. The De Dietrich had 2 black wires spliced together to fit to the live, brown and blue wires joined together on the neutral and an earth wire. The Smeg has Brown, Black and Grey for L1, L2 and L3, a blue neutral and an earth. My question is, which of the wires from the smeg lead should be connected to the Live and Neutral of my hob supply? (Earth is obvious). Judging by the De Dietrich installation I should splice L1 with Neutral for the Neutral, and the Grey and Black leads for Live. But that doesn't sound right to me.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Are you talking about the plug wire?
Or what?
Do you use a plug?
Or are these wires inside the stove?
Please explain what area you are working on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a cable from the isolation unit which ends at a junction box with 3 connectors - red, back and earth. The old induction hob had cable fitted to the unit itself - with 5 cores. Earth, 2 black cables joined together which were wired into red connector in the junction box, and blue and brown which were joined together and wired into the black connector at the junction box.

Now the Smeg hob has a cable which also contains 5 cores. Earth, Neutral (Blue) and Brown, Black and Grey cores which connect to L1, L2 and L3 a the hob end.

What I need to know is with the exception of earth which is obvious, which of these cables need to be joined to the red and black of the junction box?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi do you have a meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't I'm afraid.

The manual for the smeg can be found here

http://www.smeguk.com/product/sim562b/

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Andy,
You really need a meter or a even a simple test light for this. Then I can be sure of what to tell you.
See, I need to know which two wires coming from the house, are live each with 110 VAC.
Once I know that I can for sure let you know what to hook up where;-)
Most hardware stores will have this test light for you.Just tell them what you are trying to do;-)
I will be here when you do that.
Thanks Andy for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** decided to get an spark out to fit this for safety reasons.

May as well close this off.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine Andrew,
It may be the best idea at this point if your not sure as that is high voltage.
Please rate kindly before closing this page and i will close this for you;-)
Have a great day!