Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Fisher & Paykell Dish Drawer: Getting F1 code. Switching

Customer Question

Fisher & Paykell Dish Drawer:
Getting F1 code.
Switching Power supply & Water off does not clear the fault.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the full model #?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's the DD603 & DS603 Series.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken,
F1 means that there is water in the base pan below the bottom drawer. This usually happens because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the F1 error will not return. If the F1 error does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
http://www.appliancerepairlesson.com/2011/02/25/fisher-and-paykel-dishwasher-dish-drawer-repair/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that and waiting 24hrs. If problem persists can you direct me to source of the 'small filter board'.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken, I have done so many of these so I'M sure of the issue;-)
I can source that board for you if you need it.
But since they is taking some time Please rate now before closing this page and I will be able to stick with you until we have this fixed.
Have a great Sunday Ken!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't worry, I'll rate you excellent when we're finished. I waited 24 hrs and after one wash the code F1 has returned. I took out the top drawer and found more water on top of the lower lid. I've dried that and will wait until tomorrow to try another wash. Maybe we have a faulty top lid.

Ken.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi that means you have leak down there.
You would need to take all that apart to locate the leaking seal or part.
This can be a bag task, if your up to it I will stick with you. But if you feel its a it much you may want an appliance tech to do this. Its also possible that there was still some residual moisture there.
The sensor is very sensitive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did a wash cycle. Bottom drawer OK. Top drawer washed OK but there was still water in it. Do you think there is a pump problem?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
The pump could be getting weak, but that error doesn't indicate that.
I will stick with you but please rate and I will. Your question will still be safe with me;-) No additional cost.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where have you gone? I explained last night that there was still an f1 code and water in the drawer. You said previously that I needed to rate you but you would stick with my problem at no extra cost. I rated you excellent but where are you?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
r
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Ji Ken I dont work 24 hour a day lol.
You can also use a blow dryer in there but here is what another customer did. Its the best i can tell you.
If you are still getting that F-1 error, removed the bottom drawer by pushing in the lugs at the bottom of the drawer where it butts up to the drawer front and pulling out the drawer. Then had to mop up with 4 t-towels and half a roll of kitchen roll the water in the bottom of the machine housing. The water gets into the electronics at the rear of the housing and obviously warns you of this by the F1 code?. I removed the white cover over the electronics with a screwdriver by pushing it into a slot then sliding the cover across to the right, it is indicated on the cover how to remove it. I also then removed the screw on top of the PCB (printed circuit board) and lifted up the grey plastic base and wiped under that and the under side of the PCB. The PCB unclips on the left hand end of it and lifts out, try not to pull the cables out though. I then used a hair dryer as suggested by someone else on here to dry out any excess that you could not wipe dry