Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff u1420n0gb/01 oven/grill in a hous eIve just

I have a Neff u1420n0gb/01 oven/grill in a hous eI've just purchased and it appears not to turn on.
I have ensured this is switched on but when turning on the oven or grill and setting a temperature neither heat up and neither the light nor fan starts in the oven.
when I turn it off again a small thermometer icon lights up in the top right hand side presumably to warn me the oven may still be hot (even though it never heats up).
I have read that this could mean the element has gone but odd that neither the grill nor oven light or fan will start.
Any ideas greatly appreciated - I have no experience with this unit working so unsure where to start
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the model#?
Also is yours the gas or electric model?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I think the model number is ***** if this doesn't sound right though let me know where I can find the model number.

I believe this is an electric model

Thanks,

Stuart

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
thanks Stuart, thats the right #:-)
SO now please explain what this unit will do, and exactly what light(s) come on does the fan work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I turn the power on using the red switch on the wall next to it and I cant see anything on what I assume is a display at the top of the oven.

If I turn it onto the grill or oven function neither will heat up. Fan doesn't turn on and no lights turn on

The only thing I do get is when I come to turn these functions off again after they've not worked is a small red thermometer icon which lights up at the top right hand side of the display which eventually disappears

I have tried pressing/holding the 5 buttons on the front of the oven (all the markings seem to have work off so I'm not sure what they are meant to do)

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Stuart.
This is a bad main control board.
Its pretty easy to replace if your handy and have a few basic hand tools. I will help you replace this when you have the part. Also they usually ship the same day;-) I have listed all their contact info for you below.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY AT THIS TIME, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you Stuart and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael, your help is much appreciated.

Are you able to advise on the part number?

I've just had a look on e-spares and can seem to find a control board for this. I did call the number but they have cut me off twice after asking for a main control board for a Neff u1420n0gb/01

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart,
the site isn't very good thats why I send their phone # *****
I don't know what the phone issue is today?
I don't have access to get that part # ***** I am in the US and the part # ***** be different and of no help I'm afraid.
But keep trying them. If they cant help I will find you another source. But they typically have the best price for this part.
Please rate before closing this page, and i will stick with you no additional cost and your question will NOT close.
Thanks Stuart.