Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an amana-xrss267bb. I have a problem with the defrost

Customer Question

I have an amana-xrss267bb. I have a problem with the defrost timer but I cannot locate it.
We have taken off every screw/panel we can and still can't see it.... can you advise where this would be? There is a little black box next to the compressor - but I am assuming that is the starter for the compressor?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the defrost timer in that model is inside the fridge on the top wall near the controls.
There may be a small plastic plug there where you can use a tiny screwdriver to cycle it;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you talking about behind the thermostat controls as we have stripped that out and could not find the timer?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Frances,
how old is your fridge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10/11 years

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Frances,
What is the problem you are having.
As for your fridge you may or may not have a mechanical timer it sometimes is part of the main control board.
Please let me know whats happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have requested a refund... need a quick answer and it doesn't sound as though you were familiar with the model in question. No hard feelings... new fridge freezer installed. Given up with Amana!