Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

hi I have a Bosch WFD 2471 washing machine. The door does not

Customer Question

hi I have a Bosch WFD 2471 washing machine. The door does not seem to lock when I press start and then the wash and rinse buttons flash.
Can you give me any clues as what the problem might be?
Mnay thanks
Zelda
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hi Zelda

Can you look closely at the latch and the handle on the door. Does it look and feel the same as normal?
Have you tried this on a spin only cycle?

Have you tried closing the door very firmly and seeing if it will start then?

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob- latch looks totally normal, I have felt behind the seal and all feels fine. I have been very firm with the door - it is clicking closed properly but when I try any cycle including just spin after about a minute the wash and rinse lights flash together

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zelda

In that case it seems that the lock itself has failed.

Its fairly straightforward to replace.

Would you like to do this yourself?

If so, open the door and let me have the full model or ENr from the data plate there

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob - this did once happen before and the machine just sorted itself out so Im not sure if its just the lock failing - do you know what the rinse and spin lights mean when they flaw together? I have lost the manual - but I know the lights flashing together mean something specific usually?

I once had to press and hold a combination of buttons to make soothing work - do you think you might have any thoughts on this?

If you think I should change the lock The ENr number is *****

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zelda

Is it actually
WFD2471GB/08

The flashing lights indicate "failure to lock door in specified time"

I suspect that previously, either the door wasnt closed fully, or the lock may have been failing, and it has now failed.

Let me know about the model number and Ill try and find the correct part for you and maybe a generic video to help you do this, if you want?

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I forgot to put the GB in - any help would be really appreciated - Im fairly handy so if its easy to do - thats great. However as long as you know that that is what the lights mean thats good - if you think I should call someone in as I don't want to change lock and then discover that wasn't the problem!!

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zelda

The lights and the symptoms add up to it being the lock.

Thanks for confirming the model number, there are thousands, all just slightly different!!

You can get the lock here, just click the word in blue

Click this for a video, its not exactly your machine but the format is the same.

Please dont forget to rate now as this is the only way I get credit for helping you with this today.

Your question will not close and you can still come back to me later if you need to

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob - thats great thank you - I have rated you for your kind help - FYI the part link did not work? I will have a look myself tomorrow but if you have another link to hand that would be great.

Zelda

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zelda
Thanks for the rating, appreciate it

Strange that the link didnt work to the part.
Did the second link work?

This is the link to the part

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - the new link worked and yes the second link to the video worked.

Zelda

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zelda

Great

Rob