Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Our Zanussi washer - ZWH7160P is not turning on at all this

Our Zanussi washer - ZWH7160P is not turning on at all this morning - no previous problem at all. The socket works, but when I plug the machine on there is no response - lights don't come on at all. Any ideas please? Thanks,
Colette Kerins
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
How old is your appliance?
Is there any signs of life at all?
Do you have, and can you use, a multi meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - 2/3 years old, absolutely no signs of life. I haven't heard of a multi meter ao assume we haven't!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - not sure this sent first time. 2/3 years old, absolutely no signs of life, not aware of a multi meter I'm afraid!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, unfortunately there's no way to narrow the fault down without being able to test that power is getting into the machine.
It could be a fault in the moulded plug, a broken wire in the cable, faulty mains suppressor (the part the cable goes into at the top rear of the machine) or, a faulty main control board.
The meter would have enabled you to test the plug and cable, as far as the board.
As you don't have one, you can only try a visual check of the board to see if it's failed.
Unplug the appliance.
Take the top off of the machine.
Check the wiring, just in case a wire has come adrift.
If all the wiring looks ok at the main board (located top right rear)then take the main board out and check for obvious damage.
If you cannot do the checks yourself, I'm afraid you'll need to get someone in to repair it for you.
If it's a main board, it will be an expensive part so you may want to consider a fixed price repair from Knowhow (Currys), British Gas or Repaircare.
They all have offers where the price covers all parts and labour.
If they cover your area, it would be cheaper than buying the parts yourself.
If there's an underlying fault that is damaging the board, then simply fitting a new board could result in the new board being damaged again.
Check it out, see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.
Hope this helps