Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My washing machine, model no. WT 741 has stopped an hour into

My washing machine, model no. WT 741 has stopped an hour into it's 1.18hr cycle and is flashing F-05. The door is locked and there is nothing in the instruction book to tell me how to release it. Help!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, did the machine do its final spin or is there water still in the drum?

Can you also tell me, how and where the watse hose of the machine attaches to the waste of the house plumbing?

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It looks as though the washing has done final spin, and the waste water pipe is at the back of the machine and goes out of the wall directly to the drain outside.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roz

OK, if the machine has no water in it and it still wont release the door, this indicates a failed door lock.

Disconnect from the mains
Remove the lid and lean the machine back at 45 degrees
Look inside towards the door lock
You’ll see the latch sticking through the lock
Slide this across and the door will open

You can now retrieve your clothes.

Retry the machine and see if it now works. If not you will need to replace the lock.

If you need help with this, plese let me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't have a lid

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roz

Sorry to disagree...............

disconect the power and pull machine out.
At the back of the machine are two screws that hold the lid in place.
Undo these and push the lid forward and remove it.
Then follow the instructions above.

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have unscrewed the lid at the back. Something is holding the front fast. Are there any other screws?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roz

As per my previous post, you must push the lid forward.

If its stiff, hit it hard with the palm of your hand.
There are no other screws, other than the two I already mentioned

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did try to push lid forward and secondly as suggested banged it, but it still won't budge. If I lift the lid higher than 3" which I did, am I in danger of breaking it?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roz

Dont lift the lid, youll bend it

Leave it resting on the top of the machine and hit it!

Its possible they may have fitted the support wrong, so try hitting it backwards, so hit it at the front (Its very rare that it comes off this way)

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As you said try banging backwards, I did and it worked and I have unlatched the door. Thank you.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roz

WELL DONE

!!!

Please dont forget to rate, as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

All the best

Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.