Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

Our Siemens IQ300 dishwasher has started not washing plates

etc completely i.e. there is... Show More
etc completely i.e. there is still some residue of food left on delph. I've cleaned out the filter but no great improvement. What to do?
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your dishwasher?
Does it not do the top or bottom any differently?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Our dishwasher is approx 3 to 4 years old.

The top rack usually washes better than the bottom rack but sometimes even bowls and glassware on the top rack have residue on them.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer came
Michael, Customer Service replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am still here and just got the response. Sometimes it takes a bit thank you for your patience.
The problem is one of two things here. It could be that the water just isn't hot enough when it enters the unit.Try something for me, please run the tap at the sink on hot until its really hot, then run the dish washer let me know how that works.
If that doesn't solve the issue then you will need a new water inlet valve.
Its an electrical valve very easy to replace, no soldering involved.
I will help you anyway until we have this fixed.
If running the water til its hot doesn't work for you I have a website her for you and included their phone # ***** your convenience.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please call:
Tel: 01(###) ###-####
http://www.siemens-home.com/ie/customer-services.html
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply but as far as i know the dishwasher takes in cold water and then heats it.

It does not take in hot water.

so what should i do next?

Thank you so yours only is fed cold water. The trouble here then is the water heater in the dishwasher. You will need to replace two parts to fix this.
The Heating element and the thermostat. Both are ease to replace if your a bit handy. Don't worry I will help you do this.
I have listed the best place to get these two parts below, for cost and reliability and your convenience;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael

I don't know if thats the problem as the dishes are very hot to the touch when the washing cycle finishes.

So it seems that the water is heating up ok.

Thanks for that,
You can try a rinse aid from the grocery store, many new dishwasher detergents have it in there already.
But if that doesn't help please let me know because the pump may be getting weak as they will over time.
i will help you all the way with this repair if needed.
But to be sure we can stay locked at no additional cost to you please rate now before closing this page.
Have a great weekend as well;-)
I will be here for you if you need me.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thanks will try that first and let u know how that goes thanks.

Sounds good Please rate so we can stick together it doesn't cost you anything more to do that ;-)
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

I used rinse aid and added salt as well as we r in a hard water area and its working fine now. thanks very much for your help.

Breda

Your more than welcome!
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael