Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have three cordless phones linked to a KX-TG856E base unit.

Customer Question

We have three cordless phones linked to a KX-TG856E base unit. Since an overnight thunder storm and a possible lightning strike on the house (which blew several fuses for the electricity) the base unit has carried a message "base no power" Any ideas on what has happened and what I can do? Thank you in anticipation for your help.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear about that.
Lightning is extremely bad for electronics as its up in the thousands of volts.
You can try a new transformer plug, but I would say that is a waste of time. I wish I had better news for you I really do.
But its likely that the lightning damaged even components in the base.
I have been a tech for over 30 years and have seen this so many times.
You would do well to use a surge protector, you can get them at most dept stores Hardware stores and radio shack.
I will stick with you .
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I had to buy a new set of phones and the work very well. Saved me a lot of bother...
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome, always happy to help!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
e