Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I Have a Bosch Silver Edition VarioPerfect washing machine.

I Have a Bosch Silver Edition VarioPerfect washing machine. It is not using the Conditioner. It is still there when the wash finishes. I have cleaned out the container several times. I do not overfill it. Help. (it is about 18months old)
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tellme, is the conditioner exactlky as you put it in there, or is it slightly watered down?

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Concentrated. Has worked fine with the same conditioner for 18 months. This has only started in the last 2 weeks or so.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wayne
Great, thanks

This is a common problem as the coditioner hits the roof of the drawer box and congeals

Its one of two things so try both.

Remove the soapbox drawer, look up into the roof of the box. Above the conditioner compartment is a series of holes. Using a needle clean out all of these holes. Use an old toothbrush to clean the roof if its dirty.

The liquid stays in the drawer until the right time in the cycle. Then , water comes through these holes and fills the compartment. It overflows through the syphon tube, in the drawer, and empties. There are two types of syphon fitted. The first is a tube at the back of the conditioner compartment. Remove it and thoroughly clean this and the drawer. Refit the tube and make sure it is firmly pushed down. The other type of syphon is a lid that fits on the conditioner compartment. If you have this type, lift off the lid and you will see the syphon tube. Make sure this and the lid are thoroughly clean. It must all be scrupulously clean, otherwise it will not work. Refit lid and make sure its snapped down. refit drawer. Job done

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob