Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I put my oven on a clean program and now oven does not work,

Customer Question

I put my oven on a clean program and now oven does not work, hob is OK, but nothing to do with the oven is working - can you assist [lease or let me know if there is a cut out box I need to find??
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your oven?
Also may I have the model #?
And is it stuck in the locked position?
Does the clock still seem to work?
Please answer all of these questions as best you can so I can help you;-)
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model is 8 years old - it is a de dietrech DCi499X Pyroclean Induction freestanding Cooker (DCi499XU1)

The clock still works

It is not stuck in the locked position as I can open oven door.

It worked perfectly until I put cleaning programme on and then when I went to use it again oven did not work.

Whatever it is has knocked out the grill, fan oven and bottom element and the light does not woek. I wondered if it was a sensor or cut off switch that needed to be pressed but do not know where to look.

I have laid out £18 and I am a pensioner of 75 but just cannot afford the big call out fees so please help me.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for that information Sheila,
The self clean feature does a great job, but all that heat will eventually destroy the electronic components.
Please try this first. Please turn the ovens power off at the mains. Then wait 1 full hour.
then turn it back on and set the clock, then see if that cures this. If it does Great! then please rate kindly. If not please let me know and I will have further information for you;-)
thank you *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have turned off mains to the cooker and will wait an hour as you suggest - I will then turn it back on again and re-set clock - I will get back to you in an hour and a bit

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as you said but this did not work - I re-set the clock and tried it on cooking programs but no heat or light came on in oven - fan is working and just blowing cold air.

I keep looking for a reply but you are not answering - is this a con??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where r u - u have disappeared and not answering.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sheila, we are no Cons, we take our work here very seriously.
I have been a well respected tech on this site for over 5 years.
Also a hands on technician for over 30 years.
Thank you for tying the test I asked from you. These are technical issues and require a bit of back and forth so I can give you the proper information. I don't want you to buy things you don't need is all.
I will help you get your oven working I promise you that.
Thank you sheila.
You can ask me anything you need;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sheila, also I am in the US we have different hours lol;-)
But I will help you replace the bad control board for sure, I never leave my customers hanging.
I take a lot of pride in helping people save money and fix their appliances.
Also My wife passed away two weeks ago so I have been busy sorry for the delay.
Thank you for your patience Sheila.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK it is late here now and I am 75 and going off to bed - I just want to be able to use my cooker - I will contact you again in the morning - I am too tired now to ask anymore questions.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sheila,
Thanks for understanding.
This problem is unfortunately the main control board that has failed. That part will need to be replaced.
Its easy enough to do with only a few basic hand tools.
I can help you do this.
Also I have listed the best place to get that board below.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will be able to stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Sheila and have a great Monday!
Tech Michael
http://www.4de-dietrich.co.uk/
0844 55 72 510
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday8am - 6pm
Saturday9am - 4pm
SundayClosed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - I was getting a bit stressed out yesterday - thank you for your help.

I will look at pricing on main control board and get back to you again for more help. I have to go out for an hour or so but will do this as soon as I return

Thanks for all your help with this

Sheila

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your more than welcome Shiela!
Please rate at this point so I can stick with you until we have the part installed and have a happy stress free day!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
w