Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch Electric Rotak 37 Li Cordless Rotary Lawnmower. Ive

Bosch Electric Rotak 37 Li Cordless Rotary Lawnmower. I've had this about 5 years. This year it has developed a start/stop problem. When I turn it on it may run for a few seconds then dies. Batteries are good and fully charged. When I pull out the red stop cartridge (located next to the battery) and push it back in it may run for a little while but mostly stops after a few seconds. Can you advise please. ***** *****.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith, sorry to hear that.
Does it re start when you re press the start button, or does it take a while to actually come back on?
And when it is on does it seem to be running at full power?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it starts with the start button and seems to go at full power for a few seconds then dies. On one occasion it kept going for about 15minutes. I've changed fully charged batteries so I know they are okay. keith.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Keith.
This usually is caused by whats called a bad thermal fuse.
But let me ask, have you tried a replacement battery? How old are the batteries?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael - I think I've solved the problem. I changed the insulator plug (whether this is a thermal fuse or not I don't know) located next to the battery housing and it now works fine. As I mentioned earlier when I pulled this out and re-inserted it, it worked for a few moments - so it seemed logical that this could be the problem. Thanks for your time. Keith.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith, you need to see how long it will run, please let me know if it will continue to run that way for a while. If so you may need a new thermal, usually they build them into the lugs but you would need to test that to be sure;-)
I will help you with that if you need.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Keith and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael