Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello, I have an old Bosch freezer logixx which has been in

Customer Question

Hello, I have an old Bosch freezer logixx which has been in storage for a few years.
I switched it on and it reached the set temperature but the mains earth circuit breaker on the house fuse board tripped out and has done on two occasions. We moved the freezer supply to another socket connected to a alternative earth breaker and this one also tripped. So it does appear to be a problem with the freezer.
The freezer is otherwise in good condition, is it worth repairing?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?
It should be on a label inside the appliance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The E-NR number is

GSU34423GB/01 FD8307 000030

13:43hrs

no reply received. do you have any comments yet?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
no reply received by 13:44hrs, still waiting
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, did you still need help?
Also how old is your freezer?
Also what will it do now if you plug it in, does it run at all or pop the breaker right away, and does it get cold at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Micheal,

Please read the original message, all the information you have requested is there. It appears to runs well and reaches the required temperature with in reasonable time but after a few hours it causes the earth trip to break. After the earth trip went last night we started it again and it ran ok for a few hours but it has tripped the earth for the third time now.

The question I have asked is: Is this freezer worth repairing or should I buy a new one. It is in good condition internally and externaly; no rust is visible at the back. I have been quoted £135 fixed price to repair.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that it was difficult to see due the other tech who was working on this.
This may be as simply as a start relay on the compressor, but may be as serious as bad compressor.
It usually is a bad compressor.
But you may be able to get a few more years out of this unit if you replace the start relay with a part known as a HARD START Capacitor.
It simple to do if your handy and not very expensive to try.
Espares is the first place to check for this part as they likely have one that will work, i will help you make the change if you need but it comes with very simple instructions and can be installed in minutes.
The hard start takes the place of the original start relay.
I have included all their contact information below.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will be able to stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.