Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My AEG built in Oven and Induction hob keep tripping out on

My AEG built in Oven and Induction hob keep tripping out on the electricity it is a B5712-4
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your Hob?
does it trip the main, when you run the Oven or the top burners or does it matter? Same effect?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are both 5/6 years old - It has blown the Main switch but sometimes it is just the fuse switch on the main board. it seems to be the oven mainly. There is a sub switch on the Main board that the oven hob and microwave is attached to. When I re switch on the fuse for the oven the display which shows the time displays the number 034 and that is replaced with 0 21.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience Sue, does the microwave ever cause this?
also I am confused, do you have more that one unit HOB or oven please clear that up for me.
If more than one separate device is causing this the answer will be different.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry if I confused you. I have one oven, one microwave which are built into the same cupboard and then an induction hob in the worktop.
On the Circuit board there is a main switch for all the electricity and then there is a sub switch which the fuse switch for the oven and I think Microwave and then the hob( there are only 2 fuses switches) are attached to. Sometimes it trips the Main but sometimes it only trips the sub switch.
As far as I can tell it seems to be the oven that causes it to trip. The microwave seems ok.
Does that clarify things at all?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that. Does more than one appliance case a tripped circuit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems to be the oven that is causing the problem We have turned the switches back on and the microwave and the hob seem to work and then when I switch the oven on it seems to trip.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
thanks Sue really I appreciate your patience these are technical questions and I cant see it lol.
If its only the oven doing this the main control board in the oven with the clock is bad. If it does trip when any other functioning device is on then its simply a weak breaker in the mains.(where you make the reset).
Please let me know which this sounds like and I will source the part for you and help you make the replacement:-)
Thanks Sue
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On balance we think that it is the oven - is it complicated to replace the part in the oven?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue, No its actually pretty easy requiring just a few simple hand tools. The best place to get that board is Espares, I have included all their contact information below for you as well;-)
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will be able to stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Sue and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which part is it that I need to order?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue, its the main control board, what also happens to those boards, is that relays fail, they start to stick and cause short circuits that will cause the breaker to pop.
I'm here for you if you will rate before closing this page.
thank you Sue!
tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.