Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

we have a samsung american type fridge /freezer temperature

Customer Question

we have a samsung american type fridge /freezer temperature controls not keeping right temp and switches its self off.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
How old is your fridge?
When you say it turns off does it ever come back on by itself?And does the light go out as well or not?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hallo Michael it is approx 8 years old ,the light stays on,and sometimes comes on it self.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Margaret.
Do you hear any different kind of sounds from the unit?
Also please check the inside rear wall inside the freezer, is there any heavy frost there?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, no different sounds ,the inside rear wall had heavy frost thats why we stopped and defrosted then restarted.MARG

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Did it cool at all after the defrost?
Please explain
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, did not cool at allthe freezer temp now ok -20,fridge temp continually reads 14.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that Margaret.
This is a sign that the main control on the back of the fridge has failed.
Its easy to replace but a bit pricey depending on your region.
I will help make the swap out if you get stuck.
The best place to get that part is Espares.
I have listed all their contact information for your convenience;-)
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will be able to stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Margaret, and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for info ,do you mean that number,we need to call and do we have to explain what part we need and our area info for local repair technician.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi no, when you call, just give them the model # ***** the fridge, they will locate the part and ship it to you.
I will help you replace this part, its very easy to do with only a few simple basic hand tools;-)
Hope that helps?
Please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you all the way, no additional cost from us.
Thank you *****
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi do you mean when we get this part a domestic appliances tech at our loal area we will need to book to fix,sorry if we seem long winded oaps not technically minded.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Margaret thats fine it what Im here for;-)
No what I mean is call Espares, it will be cheaper if you do it that way. Also they ship the same day in most cases.
Please rate before you close this page and I will stick with you.
Thanks Margaret!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi MICHAEL espares have to ring us tom with price and order details.Thanks so much 4 your help.
Margaret
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your more than welcome just let me know if you need more information later on;-)
Have a great day Margaret!