Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a neff dishwasher s9w1f the water isnt going in;

Customer Question

I have a neff dishwasher s9w1f
the water isn't going in; I've cleared food debris and cleaned. The machine keeps gurgling away. When I reset, the end light comes on but the machine still gurgles away.
What can I do to fix the problem?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
how old is your dishwasher?
also when you start a new cycle, what exactly happens then, does the display appear normal?
And you simply get the gurgling?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The dishwasher is circa ten to twelve years old.

When we start a new cycle the machine keeps gurgling, i.e. there is no change. The display comprises three buttons that can be reset and an end button. I've tried resting and now have the end light on but the machine continues to gurgle.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

resting should read resetting

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, I'm not sure what you are saying, I need specific information as this is a technical issue.
Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are five buttons in all. One - far left - is the on/off. To the right hand side of the machine there are four buttons: three are underlined with the word reset. Not so the fourth (used to clean glasses). I had the machine cycle on the middle of the three underlined buttons.

The machine was on for about three hours before we noticed it should have ended. Dishes are still dirty but have been rinsed slightly. The tablet had come out but wasn't dissolved. I have removed filters to clean those. The machine hasn't finished its cycle. When I reset (by pressing left and right of underlined buttons) the end light comes on. But the machine still makes the same sound. When I switch off, it stops when I switch on again, the same sound is made which I describe as gurgling.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Alex for that information.
Does it seem to be stuck in the cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alex, please turn the unit off at the mains so it has no power running to it then wait 1 full hour and then try it again.
If this works Great then please rate kindly and I can close this for you.But if it doesn't Please do not rate yet but simply reply to me for further information.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

I turned off at the mains and waited the hour as you suggested. I've just switched on again and the gurgling noise and problems continue as before.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for trying that test for me.
is there any water in the dishwasher?
Probably not. If that is the case, then unfortunately the main control board has failed and needs to be replaced. Its easy to do and i will assist you all the way.
The best place to get that part is Espares, I have included all their contact information below for your convenience;-)
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will be able to stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Alex and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help and information. As the office is now closed I shall have to ring in the morning.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael,

You may recall my dishwasher problems and your suggestion that I should buy a new control panel. Well I did as you suggested and the item has arrived. Are you available to advise how to fit it. I should say that my screwdrivers don't fit any of the screws - do they take an allen key, do you know?

Regards,

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,
Please describe what the screw heads look like, the may be allen or torx type.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are torx type (I haven't heard of them before now and have just checked what a torx type looks like on the web).

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Very good!
Once you have the unit open you will see its easy to replace but I will be here on and off today to assist if you run into trouble.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again. I'm just off to the shop to buy a torn type screwdriver.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wish to challenge your assertion that the item was easy to replace although I agree that the principle of replacing it was straightforward. However after much grunting I have a non-gurgling and functioning dishwasher as well as a wife who is beaming on my heroic efforts. As a good deal of the credit belongs to you I responded modestly (as you would expect) and I herewith attribute it to its rightful place. Many thanks for your good offices.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, well... I guess it easy cause I have been doing it for so long lol.
But Im glad the board got it working for you;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
f