Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. i have a Neff K9625 fridge freezer that is not chilling.

i have a Neff K9625 fridge freezer that is not chilling. I have linked out the stat which causes the compressor to cut in for about 30 seconds before stopping again. The stat appears to be working normally. could this be the compressor?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you have linked out the thermostat and the compressor is only running for about 30 seconds or so and stopping again then its going to be the compressor at fault.

As by linking out the stat this sends a direct live feed to the compressor which should keep the compressor running until it gets to hot and cut out which is usually after the compressor has been running for a few days none stop

So from what you say it will need a new compressor. There is a relay on the side of the compressor which can fail but if its running for about 30 seconds or so then it wont be that so its the compressor here at fault.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Daniel.

I thought as much. Is it difficult to pull out the compressor on these integrated fridges

Also am I only wasting money fitting a new compressor on a 13 year old unit compared to the cost of a replacement fridge/freezer

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Im afraid a compressor replacement isn't a diy fix as when you cut the old one off you need to lokring the new pot on and then regas it back up.

But to be honest at 13 years old I wouldn't even mess around with it as a new compressor you are looking at about the £200 mark maybe a little more.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dermot.
Is there anything else you need to know on this problem?

Regards Daniel