Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

Hi i have a Whirlpool ARC4030 UK total no frost air stream

Customer Question

Hi i have a Whirlpool ARC4030 UK total no frost air stream system fridge freezer, unfortunatley it has started to gather frost/ice in the upper section which is blocking cooler air to the fridge section.
Please could you advise/diagnose this problem.
Hanzla
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.
Jon :

Jon :

My name is ***** ***** I am an authorized Whirlpool service technician and I can help you today.

Jon :

If you are starting to see the frost in the back of the machine and it is now starting to affect the temp then you are experiencing a defrost failure.

Jon :

Put simply you will either have to empty the freezer cabinet and defrost it by yourself with a hair dryer for about an hour. Or unplug the machine for 2 days to allow it time to defrost on its own.

Jon :

Usually the first choice is better. Especially if you dont have another ref to keep all your food cold for the two days.

Jon :

What you want to do is take that hair dryer and fan the hot air all around the rear inside wall of the freezer for the hour or so.

Jon :

This will ensure the evaporator is properly defrosted and will allow the cold air to be circulated to the ref cabinet again. Thus allowing the machine to cool properly.

Jon :

Then just set the ref temp to their normal settings and allow it to cool for two days. then monitor it from there.

Jon :

If after a week you start to see the frost building up again get back to me here and I will tell you what you will need to do next.

Jon :

But I am sure that the initial defrost will be enough.

Jon :

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to positively rate my performance below this chat with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions or concerns please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks and please let me know how you make out.