fixer2013
fixer2013, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  PAT Testing C&G Level 3 100/439/1
74591549

Hi, I have a 3 year old Samsung RSA1RTMG fridge/freezer which

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 3 year old Samsung RSA1RTMG fridge/freezer which has been leaving puddles on my kitchen for a couple of weeks at least twice a day.The water is only on the freezer side and there is a thin layer of ice on the shelf underneath the bottom food shelf. Is it something we can put right or do I need to call an engineer.
Mel
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** hope I can give you some guidance. I wouldn't call an engineer at present. Is the weather hot where you are?
Im sure the problem is the units are overworking and causing ice build up on the cooling tubes at the rear of the unit. Please check that the drain holes onto the top of the motor are clear. If these are ok turn off the fridge freezer for a day to let all the ice disperse then I think there is a reset switch at the rear of the units switch back on and push the reset and adjust the thermostat to mid range.
I hope that this can help you solve the problem.
Just a note I am in the south of England and all the supermarkets are having big cooling problems at present.
Ivor