Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

wpool akz 161/03 cooker, bottom oven has a digital display

Customer Question

wpool akz 161/03 cooker, bottom oven has a digital display which dont work, no neon lights at all, top oven works, its a mannual swiych..any thoughts
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

If theres no power at all to the clock then its possibley a thermal cut out at fault here.

You need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

From there locate the thermal cut out. It will be about the size of a 10p and have 2 wires going to it.

You need to test this with a multi meter and is if faulty. If so then you need to replace that and that should cure it.

If the thermal cut out is ok then its possibley the control board on top at fault but jut check the thermal cut out first as its usually that that causes this fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cut out fine, also the top oven works ok, but the bottom no joy, the top has a mechanical switch, the bottom one has a digital display, how do i test if that has gone..

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

The cut out only controls the main oven and timer so the top oven can work fine still with the cut out failed.

So have you checked the cut out or just through it was ok because the top oven works?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes checked for continuity, live in , live out, so thats why im stuck. any thoughts..many thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok that's fine just wanted to double check.

Have you checked the small control board on the top?

If not remove this and inspect it for any signs of burning on there.

But if that's all ok then you are left with either the timer or the control board at fault. As these are control boards theres no test you can actually do to them its just a case or replacing them.

Im assuming you came here knowing its either the main board or the timer so was looking for info it testing them. As there isn't im going to opt out of the question now and if another expert can help they will jump in.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no worries mate, im old school at this i was taught about appliances on a twin tub, so evey now and then with these main control board, because of the expence i want to be pretty sure its either one or the other, i value your advice.. many thanks

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i will wait

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
In this case you simply have a bad clock controller board its all in one.
The best place to get that part is Espares, I will help you replace that if you need? Its pretty easy to do with my guidance.
I have listed Espares contact info for you below.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.