If theres no power at all to the clock then its possibley a thermal cut out at fault here.
You need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel.
From there locate the thermal cut out. It will be about the size of a 10p and have 2 wires going to it.
You need to test this with a multi meter and is if faulty. If so then you need to replace that and that should cure it.
If the thermal cut out is ok then its possibley the control board on top at fault but jut check the thermal cut out first as its usually that that causes this fault.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
cut out fine, also the top oven works ok, but the bottom no joy, the top has a mechanical switch, the bottom one has a digital display, how do i test if that has gone..
The cut out only controls the main oven and timer so the top oven can work fine still with the cut out failed.
So have you checked the cut out or just through it was ok because the top oven works?
yes checked for continuity, live in , live out, so thats why im stuck. any thoughts..many thanks
Ok that's fine just wanted to double check.
Have you checked the small control board on the top?
If not remove this and inspect it for any signs of burning on there.
But if that's all ok then you are left with either the timer or the control board at fault. As these are control boards theres no test you can actually do to them its just a case or replacing them.
Im assuming you came here knowing its either the main board or the timer so was looking for info it testing them. As there isn't im going to opt out of the question now and if another expert can help they will jump in.
no worries mate, im old school at this i was taught about appliances on a twin tub, so evey now and then with these main control board, because of the expence i want to be pretty sure its either one or the other, i value your advice.. many thanks
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
yes i will wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,