Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a frost-free fridge-freezer - Electrolux Zanussi -

Customer Question

We have a frost-free fridge-freezer - Electrolux Zanussi - about 5 yrs old. Strange noises, then green light winking, then fridge gradually warmer until room temperature, freezer appartment fine, perhaps even too cold. Have emptied fridge, turned power off. It's a hot day and the freezer is moving towards room temperature, after 6 hours. I will turn down the thermostat - forgot to do that. Can you help - in case when we turn the electricity on it still doesn't work?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the model #?
Also , is there any heavy frost on the insider rear wall of the freezer?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not your fault, Michael, I'm sure, but £26 was quoted. Suddenly the fee is £32. This looks like fraud and I see now that there have been a huge amount of similar complaints and have been told that the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau has a file on JustAnswer. The technicians who work for Just Answer may not have any responsibility but you should be aware, if not already, that there is a case building out there.

Because of this, I am not able to proceed at this time with further information until the price has been adjusted back to what was originally quoted. The difference may not be vast but there is a very clear principle here.