Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi i have a thetford n112 fridge that has started to smell

Customer Question

Hi i have a thetford n112 fridge that has started to smell badly from the flu as well as very hot and sooty and today i dont think was cool enough freezer still ok i think
Regards Carlo
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
This one will need a basic maintenance service.
These problems happen when the unit is need of a professional cleaning. They will take a lot apart and perform a good cleaning so the flame can burn clean once again, so no more soot, and you will have a COLD fridge again ;-)
I have 30 years of experience with these hands on lol;-)
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi michael

As an engineer i thought a good clean would do

i have taken the flu apart wasn`t very dirty i have checked

the flame it is a perfect blue clean flame i have also just had a

gas cert issued 3 weeks ago ihad this done when i first noticed

the smell

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi does it smell like un burnt gas or soot?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi it smells like burnt gas but very strong

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Carlo, if the flame looks blue and in good shape, then there is definitely a blockage in there somewhere after the flame. I have over 30 years of experience with this so I am sure of that.
It also explains why its so hot.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

Thanks i`ve removed the flue and burner it is stuffed flu of soot the wee

wind chime for want of a better word had huge clumps on it will put it back together in the morning and test it

I thought boat builders made life difficult when fitting out but this one takes the micky access is very limited

Cheers Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome Carlo!
Have a great day and please rate my service kindly at this time!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

One last one seems good smell has gone still reasonably hot at the flue outlet .The gas meter on the fridge panel im sure allways rose up to the top

of the green it is now just in the middle ie top of the white bottom of the green what exactly is this metering ? gas pressure? or the stat as it is next to the stat control

Ps gas bottle is full

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi all that means is the gas pressure is a little low. Its ok but if it drops way down near the bottom please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

fridge seems ok but the meter has fallen bellow the half way mark now and is the same on both bottles any thoughts ?

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi this could be a low fuel issue or a bad regulator is all.
I would ask the gas company as its likely their issue.
Please let me know what they say about that.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iv`e tryed 2 bottles and 2 regulators without change

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi did this gas flow issue in the gauge happen just after the cleaning you did?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi not sure i think so have taken the jet out this morning

and cleaned with compressed air still the same

Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi if things are working fine other than the gauge, then the gauge is likely failing as well is all. You have already replaced everything else that would cause this effect;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi other than the regulator and the bottle i haven`t changed any thing yet

my recollection is that the gauge always sat high in the green

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
What I was saying is the regulator, it is the only thing that would normally cause this, unless your gas is low.
If you use bottled gas there is a regulator there as well.
But that is the gas companies problem.
And the one in the range it self.
Both need to be replaced to be sure or tested if you have the gauges to do so.
Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

thanks again this fridge is in a caravan and runs butane

Regards Carlo

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that info.
This is a sign that the line going to the gauges have a blockage or one of the regulators is still bad, thats about all that can cause this.
At least you got it all working otherwise, but as for the gauges you may need to have that looked at if you are sure that you have full tank(s) of gas.